There will be times like today that my mind is flooded with thoughts, whether it be things to say or things going on. I just can’t put it all into a Facebook post. So at times like these I will have my Thursday Thoughts posts. It’s kinda like a brain dump to just get everything off my mind. Today it’s some things to say first, then just other thoughts of things going on. Here goes…
- As many of you may have seen yesterday, I reinstated Fan of the Week on my Facebook page! Here is a reminder how it works. If you want to have a chance at being our “Featured Fan” you need to interact on our FB page during the week. That means leave comments, like our posts, or share our posts. That’s it! I will randomly pick one person from those who have interacted to be our Fan of the Week. If you are chosen then you will receive a special coupon code from me for our shop.
- After yesterday’s overwhelming response to my question about a Small Biz Spotlight, I now have the application posted and ready! In fact, I already had one person apply! If you missed my post yesterday, Small Biz Spotlight will feature one small business each month here on my blog. If you want to apply, click the Small Biz Spotlight Application tab above or click HERE.
- Next, I am just so excited about this blog! I never thought I could enjoy this so much! I have so much to say and I just can’t do it all at once. Besides, you wouldn’t want to read it all at once either! And so far the PenguinLuv Linkup is doing well! So far 24 links, 45 clicks, and 75 views!! That’s OUTSTANDING! 😀
- All of my amazing fans have been super supportive and that means a whole lot to me! There have been times that I felt like nobody cared and I wanted to give up. But I stuck it out because of those who are always supportive and there. And now I feel the overwhelming love of my fans. So, I might just have a surprise later to say Thanks… (but you’ll have to wait and see).
- I just sent out my quarterly newsletter yesterday where I also revealed something special coming up. I won’t tell you here. You’ll have to find out by signing up for our Newsletter! If you sign up in the next day or two, I will send the newsletter I just sent so you will have the information. Plus, I always include an email exclusive deal that nobody else can get!
- My husband, who is a truck driver, should be home soon and I’m so excited to see him! He went back over the road to help with finances after me losing my teaching job with budget cuts. I have been teaching for 7 years and I have always pulled the weight financially in our household until recently. It’s going to be a very tough coming up because I still don’t have another job. Sure I could go get another teaching position in another city (if they are even hiring), but I really do need a break from having my own class. It is overwhelmingly time consuming to be a teacher! You don’t get much of a break with all of the lesson planning and paper grading. I want to be able to spend time with my husband when he comes home, not be drowning in paperwork. I am looking at doing substitute teaching, mostly because it is something I am qualified to do. However, it only pays barely 1/4 of what I was making if I work every day. The struggle is real in trying to save our house, but I’m keeping Faith that all will be alright. My husband doesn’t blame me, but I just can’t help but think about it from time to time and wonder what else I can do. I just keep on crafting and hoping that the sales will start rolling in.
- I am meeting up with a friend today to deliver a custom shawl I made for her. I made it to match the mermaid tail lapghan she got from me back in June. So, hanging out and having lunch is on the agenda today! I love days like this when I can spend time with people I don’t always get to see! Plus it gets kinda quiet around my house, which is great for crafting, but it does get tiring being alone.
- After lunch I am going to try to tackle a chunk of an order another close friend of mine requested. She has her own small business and just moved into an office space. So. she wanted some handmade invitations to pass out. So, the other day we sat down and made an example, which I have already had to modify due to material cost, but they will be awesome in the end! I totally love doing custom orders!
I think that’s more than enough for one day. And boy does my brain feel better!! A great way to start the day. 🙂 And if you read it all the way down to here, Thanks for “listening”! Hope your day is amazing!